Things to do
A sample of what is in store for you at Paynes Hut: fly fishing, great photography locations, bird watching, white water rafting, kayaking, scenic drives, horse riding, mountain biking, swimming, walking and hiking.
Nearby activities are:
- Fly fishing – enjoy our spectacular mountain terrain whilst meandering into magnificent flowing rivers and streams with our experienced guides. Return 4WD from and returning to Paynes Hut. Six rivers within one hour, all holding excellent fish supplies. Offering local knowledge we customise your experience to suit your needs. With over 10 years experience, exploring and fishing the local river system, is our recreational passion. Bookings through “High Country Fly Fishing” – Jamie 0427 210 088 or email email@example.com.
- Lose your sense of time, live by the rising and setting of the sun, awaken by the tweets from the birds.
- Read about the local area.
- Walk the Shannonvale Track or the Kelly Track (6 hours).
- Lunch or dinner at the Blue Duck Inn a 20 minute drive away.
- Reconnect with the things that have brought you the most joy.
- Sit by a camp fire as part of your nightly routine and join the hosts (if you wish) and share stories and laughter.
- See stars like you’ve never seen, disappear in the Southern Cross – the purest form of meditation, backdrop of wonder and thought.
- Drink from the river.
- Relax by the river, reading a book.
- Hear wildlife and running water.
- Make new connections with some very special people.
- Photography opportunities everywhere you look, nature watching/enjoying, walking, hiking, swimming.
- Walk in to Payne’s Hut from Watchbed Creek.
- Horse rides through the local area can be organised when you arrive or arranged upon booking.
Click here to learn about the enjoyable treats on your way to Paynes Hut.